Monday, February 18, 2008

The end is near

So yesterday (Sunday) I met with the new doctor who is taking over my parents. The other doctor (his sister) is on vacation. Would have been nice to have informed me of that. but I guess she was too busy packing the sun tan lotion.
I told the doctor that we should plan on a Monday flight. Mom was recovering fast and well. He disagreed. Imagine that a doctor disagreeing with a patient or son of a patient. He reminded me that I was not the doctor. Niiiice.
He said its the weekend and only Monday something (maybe) can be done. I was not impressed.
So today I called him to see what was up, now that everyone is back to work. He told me that he tried calling the insurance company but it was closed.....must be President's Day in the US or something. I advised him that even if it was a holiday, the insurance company is open 24/7!!! He disagreed.....AGAIN.
So I called and voila, they were open. I gave the good ol' doctor's phone number to them and told them to call.
I went on with my day. Got my mom new glasses as her's had broke. And took a visit to her. She finally moved out of ICU and into a room. Now this room...or small bachelor suite, is huge. Has a seperate livingroom and all. I could sleep there if I wanted to. Huge. And needless to point out, I was right inregards to mom's condition getting much much better.
I talked with the insurance comapny again, and they had bad news. They can not fly out until Tuesday night, which means we can't leave till Thursday. F'n doctor.
So now I'm stuck here till Thursday. More food, hotel and taxi to pay for. F'n doctor.
I'm so pissed.

No comments: